AI WAR 2 THE NEW PARADIGM UPDATE V2.901-RAZORDOX
AI War 2 is a hybrid of grand strategy and real time strategy against a galaxy already taken over by rogue artificial intelligence. It’s also “the sequel to the giant space RTS AI War [Arcen], which we called ‘one of the best strategy games of the year’ back in 2009” (Tom Sykes, PC player)
The most cunning and acclaimed artificial intelligence in strategy games is back… with many common enemies.
You may visit the website for more animated games: skidrowcodex
Fight a more advanced version of the original AI that has taken over the entire galaxy again, leaving you with only a tiny planet. Then strike out and find a way to cleverly outmaneuver him, though. All new captures, large fleets and hacking opportunities are sure to help. (You will need it.) Or dive into a much more complex galactic fight featuring nanocausts, macrophages, Dyson spheres and more.
Other factions have their own goals, rules, units, and completely unique economies. Make the script complex enough and it could look like this: “World War XV is on, you’re on a tiny farm in the middle of it, no one likes you, but if you can just kill that giant angry enemy leader, it’ll all be over.” If that sounds like overkill – and frankly, we’re tired of imagining it, even though some people are looking for it – then take a break and maybe hack an all-consuming computer virus to become your ally, and convince star-sized alien hives to watch your back while you fight the suddenly less arrogant AI.
(If you’re really feeling angry, take yourself out of the equation, hit super-fast forward, and watch them fight like ants on a galactic scale.)
Upgraded and supercharged.
It’s been ten years since the original AI War launched, and the gaming world has changed a lot – as has the available computing power on whatever device you use to read this. We’ve gone to great lengths to create more formidable and smarter opponents than ever before, and create simulations of hundreds of thousands of units, in many cases running at 120 frames per second. You can speed up and slow down the simulation without any additional load on your processor, and pause at will.
The interface respects your time by automating things you would do 95% of the time anyway. For that other 5%, there are indeed advanced features, such as placing spy nanites, setting or disabling automation rules, or changing your fleet composition to your liking.
Streamlined but deeper.
Sometimes when a sequel says it’s “optimized” it can actually mean “stupid”. And in some areas, there really are fewer tiny choices here: you don’t have to decide how to wash each dish; do you have a dishwasher. And that’s a good thing, to be honest, because the rabbit hole of complex and intricate scenarios goes as deep as you want it to.
All those moments where you make interesting strategic decisions? These pieces are harder than ever and you can’t go back to your old boring habits to get by. You need your attention to be free to anticipate, plan, dream… and then toss it all aside and figure it out in your pants when things go wrong.
Too much to remember (but tooltips are always there) and there is always an unfamiliar element. A quick click won’t help you. To win the AI war, you’ll have to improvise, adapt, and use your wits.
As it should be.
HOW ABOUT SOME MOMENTS?
- Many optional factions, each with their own goals and strategies, create a living galaxy.
- The new fleet system gives you even more ships than before and allows you to customize your empire more than ever.
- Many types of maps and many additional options that make them even more diverse.
- Recruit an out-guard, team up with factions and there are tons of targets to capture or hack – with the help of AI or aliens.
- AI Guardian, Hunter, and Praetorian Guard sub-fleets create new challenges (and sometimes opportunities) in how you and the AI interact with each other.
- Insane moddability with many levers available in easily accessible XML.
WHAT’S NEW COMPARED TO THE ORIGINAL?
- More accessible gameplay, but with a rabbit hole that is deeper than ever.
- More to do, in terms of instant gameplay and choice. More to find, more to conquer or be conquered.
- Refined game mechanics reflecting everything we’ve learned from the first game’s six expansions (plus three years of development on the sequel).
- Trimmed Fat: Repetitive boring tasks have been automated or streamlined, but more features than ever have been added so you can tweak things whenever you want. Our goal is to never waste your time, but to always have a lot of interesting tasks that you can do at the same time.
- A redesigned user interface that gives you tons of information and options just when you need it.
- 1.5 hours of new music added to 4.5 hours of music from the original game.
- Multithreading for modern performance and a codebase that won’t call the elder god (recoded from scratch for modern installations).
- Over 1900 lines of spoken dialogue from over 25 actors.
- Game Title: AI War 2
- Game Genres: Indie, Simulation, Strategy
- Game Developer: Arcen Games, LLC
- Publisher: Arcen Games, LLC
- Release Date: December 23, 2022
- FILE SIZE : 5 MB